The City of Lawrenceville currently has one Tax Increment Financing District.
- TIF one ended 12/31/2018
- TIF area two is a joint commercial – residential TIF. All utilities are available. Up to ten acres are available for residential development. This TIF is located north of U.S. 50 and about one mile west of Illinois route 1 in Lawrenceville
- A ready workforce is in place to serve industry. Lawrence County offers prospective employers an energetic and highly trainable work force. Equally important is the low absenteeism and resultant high productivity of the predominantly non-union labor force.
- Our area’s labor force has a rural work ethic. They want to work. Many of our labor force drive as far as 60 to 100 miles per day, one way to work. Because of this, you should not look to just Lawrence County for your potential work force. Your labor force will come from a wide area. The labor market within a 35 mile radius totals over 100,000 persons.
- Lawrence County is blessed with four (4) industrial parks. The parks vary in size, location and from being almost full to newly developed.
- Lawrenceville Industrial Park: This one is located east of Lawrenceville, Illinois and contains one hundred (100) acres. Toyota Boshoku Illinois, Inc., a Just-In-Time supplier for the Toyota-manufacturing complex in nearby Princeton, Indiana, built a 125,000 square foot facility in this park in 1997 and expanded in 2016. U.S. Route 50, a 4-lane, 80,000-lb. highway, forms the northern boundary to this park. CSX railroad has a main track going thru the center of this park.
- Lawrenceville Small Business Park: is located on the North side of U. S. Route 50, across from the Lawrenceville Industrial Park. This park has great potential and should be considered when making an expansion or relocation decision. There are four(4) businesses located in this area at the present time. There are several acres for businesses to locate.
- Mid-American Air Center Industrial Park: This park is located at our airport complex and contains one hundred sixty (160) acres. In addition, Foreign Trade Zone #146 is located here and contains an additional forty-six (46) acres. Several industries/companies have made this park their home. Some are air related and some are not. There are several prime sites still available. This park has its own streets, utility services and sewage treatment facilities. It also has easy access to U.S. 50, a 4-lane limited access highway that provides easy connection to several interstate and regional highways that service the central U.S. and beyond.
- Lawrence County Industrial Park: This park is located in Bridgeport, Illinois and contains thirty-five (35) acres. Six (6) different companies have already located here. This park has all infrastructures in place, and has five (5) acres still available for development.