If you do not see the information you are looking for, please contact us via Email
You may call 943-5766 or 9-1-1.
All residential trash routes in the City of Lawrenceville are serviced on Friday. Paid water and sewer service are necessary to be eligible for trash collection service, which is included with monthly billing. Trash must be curbside by 6:00 am on your assigned day, and each residence should use the Republic trash containers. Collection may be a day late if a holiday falls on any day of the week.
Utilizing an automated truck for collection is more efficient and safer than using the standard rear end load collection vehicles. The utilization of the carts will also make trash day easy, neat and hassle free for you.
Our automated trucks operate a mechanical arm which wraps around the trash cart and empties the contents into the top of the truck. Our carts are specifically designed for this collection system. Please do not purchase extra containers at a local store as they will not work with our system.
One trash cart will be delivered to each home. If you find that you have additional trash and require a second container, please contact City Hall (618-943-2116) for guidance on the possibility of obtaining an additional cart.
To ensure driver safety and orderly waste collection, it is necessary to follow the procedures below correctly:
- On trash day, please place your cart within four feet of the roadway.
- Please be sure there are at least three feet of clearance between your cart and any other object, i.e., mailboxes, trees, vehicles, guide wires.
- Please do not overload your trash cart. If you find that you consistently have extra bags, contact City Hall so we may help to resolve the issue.
- Place the cart at the curb with the wheels away from the street. This will prevent damage to your cart lid as well as enable your lid to close after emptying.
- All trash needs to be bagged and held within the trash cart. Should you have any unusual items, please contact City Hall for assistance.
Please note that NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE ALLOWED IN THE TRASH. This includes but is not limited to: TVs, computers, monitors, key boards, etc.
Should you have any questions, you may call City Hall at (618-943-2116).
You must come to City Hall and complete the required forms. If you are renting a dwelling, there is a deposit of $200.00 as well.
Please call City Hall at 618-943-2116
Please call City Hall at 943-2116 and ask for Chief White or the City Clerk Nolan.
Yard waste is placed in the blue totes provided by Republic Services along with household garbage and serviced each Friday
You may contact the Sexton at 943-5620. For purchasing information, please contact the City Clerk at 943-2116. The price for one space is $300.00, and the price for a lot (two spaces) is $600.00, payable to the City of Lawrenceville.
The State of Illinois has a Veterans’ Service Officer downstairs at City Hall. The number for the VSO is 618/943-6189.
Yes, the number for CEFS is 618/943-4442.
Yes, it is “email@example.com” Please note this email will be changing soon.
In Accordance with Rule #11 of the Cemetery General Rules, the following list is for your information and future reference for the year 2022.
HOLIDAYS OBSERVED BY THE CITY OF LAWRENCEVILLE INTERMENTS NOT PERMITTED:
- New Year’s Eve Afternoon (after 12:00) – Friday December 31, 2021
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 3, 2022
- Martin Luther King Jr. – Monday, January 17, 2022
- Lincoln’s Birthday – Friday, February 11, 2022
- President’s Day – Monday, February 21, 2022
- Good Friday – Friday, April 15, 2022
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30, 2022
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4, 2022
- Labor Day – Monday, September 5, 2022
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 10, 2022
- Veteran’s Day – Friday, November 11, 2022
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24, 2022
- Friday following Thanksgiving – Friday, November 25, 2022
- Christmas Eve – Friday 23, 2022
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 26, 2022
- New Year’s Eve Afternoon (after 12;00) – Friday, December 30, 2022
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 2, 2022
New Year’s Day Monday, January 1, 2021
Martin Luther King , Jr. Monday, January 18, 2021
Lincoln’s Birthday Friday, February 12, 2021
President’s Day Monday, February 15, 2021
Good Friday Friday, April 02, 2021
Memorial Day Monday, May 31, 2021
Independence Day Thursday, July 4, 2021
Labor Day Monday, September 6, 2021
Columbus Day Monday, October 11, 2021
Veterans’ Day Wednesday, November 11, 2021
Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 25, 2021
Friday following Thanksgiving Friday, November 26,2021
Christmas Eve Friday, December 24, 2021
Christmas Day Monday, December 27, 2021
New Year’s Eve Afternoon Friday, December 31, 2021
The City Council meets at 7:00 P.M. on the second Thursday of each month in the Civic Center. (Subject to change by the Mayor or Council)
The City has an operating budget up to $ 5,800,000 a year.
Lawrenceville has 7 Police Officers 3 Office, 5 Street, 3 Utility and 4 Park-Cemetery employees. We hire part- time employees in the summer months.